You’ll never run out of reasons to come to Mammoth for a visit if you’re an outdoor enthusiast, since this area is designed with year-round fun in mind. The Mammoth Bike Park is the most popular spot for mountain biking here thanks to more than 80 miles of world-class single-track trails, jaw-dropping views, and options for bikers of all ages and skill levels. Keep reading to learn about places where you can mountain bike in Mammoth, brought to you by the team at ASO Mammoth, your one-stop shop for high-quality biking gear as well as premier Mammoth Mountain bike rentals.
Discovery Zone Trails
Riders of all abilities flock to the Discovery Zone Trails. These smooth trails are especially friendly and appealing for younger or newer mountain bikers, who may want to try out this sport by taking advantage of bike rentals in Mammoth. The elevations are gradual, which gives you a chance to enjoy the many natural features that make Mammoth a popular destination. In addition to the beginner-level Discovery Trail, options include:
• Adventure Trail – Enjoy more challenges along this Mammoth trail. Pitch increases along this trail before it comes to an end with a series of dirt berms.
• Explorer Trail – Sprinkled with tighter paver berms, this is the bike trail to try if you can handle small jumps and trail elevations that are a bit steeper.
• Skills Trail – Prepare yourself for more challenging terrain by gaining experience on this trail, which includes small drops, bridges, jumps, and other appealing features.
These trails are so named because they’ve earned an iconic reputation among mountain bike enthusiasts from all over the world. For example, the intermediate Off the Top trail offers what some consider one of the best views of Mammoth Mountain. The other trails in the iconic category are expert level and covered below.
Grab your two-wheeler and pack your backpack with some extra water bottles for a day of world-class fun along these intermediate-level trails. Each of these trails offers a boost in the challenge level. For instance, the Beach Cruiser trail starts with a climb through grand lodgepole pines. Other intermediate bike trail options here include:
• Paper Route – Enjoy a little bit of everything along this popular local trail. Features include cascading downhill sections and some technical sections.
• Brake Through – When you get to the mid-mountain point on this trail, there are direct connections to other trails you can try.
• Bearing Straits & Gravy Train – Ride here and you’ll be off to a fast, flowing start as you follow the tree line. Take the Beach Cruiser trail to reach this area.
Mammoth offers trail options you’re welcome to try if you’re already at the expert or pro level. One of the most popular expert trails here is called Flow. It features a steep section in the middle appropriately referred to as The Drop. Twilight Zone, Pipeline, Chain Smoke, Velocity, Techno Rock, and Bullet are the other expert-level mountain biking trails in the Mammoth area.
Note: Gondolas and chairs operate throughout Mammoth’s main trail areas for your added convenience. Tickets can be purchased in advance.
When you’re ready to enjoy the amazing bike trails at Mammoth, drop by and say hello to the mountain sports experts at ASO Mammoth. We can hook you up with top-quality mountain biking gear and everything you need for a fantastic biking experience.
If you’re looking forward to visiting Mammoth in the winter, we’re also your top choice for high-quality snowboard and ski rentals in Mammoth, so stop in or give us a call at 760-965-3444.